University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
Nachum Dafny received his MS and PhD degrees from Hadassah Medical School in Jerusalem in 1965 and 1969, respectively followed by post-docs at Caltech, UCLA, and Columbia. He is currently a Professor of Neurobiology at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. Nachum Dafny is a member of several professional organizations.
The main focus of his research is on two topics: Pain mechanisms, including pain suppression and electro-acupuncture, and drug abuse mechanisms, involving morphine, cocaine, alcohol, ritalin.
- Drug Delivery Techniques
- Drug Designing Methodologies
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Pharmaceutical, Medicinal and Organic Chemistry
- Green Chemistry in Pharma Industry
- Heterocyclic Chemistry
- Nano-medicine and Nano Technology
- Novel Drug Delivery System (NDDS) and Techniques in Pharmaceutics
- Application of Pharmacology in Medical Science